Saturday 27 July 2013

Introduction


In July 2013, I undertook a 3-week tour of China taking in a bunch of sightseeing and theme park visits. The trip was split into 3 phases.


Phase 1 would have me join the European Coaster Club for the majority of their big Summer trip to the country taking in a large number of parks from Hong Kong to Shanghai.


As I'd already been to Shanghai in 2010 I decided that phase 2 would have me leave the club and mop up some coasters I'd not ridden before in the Shanghai, Tianjin and Beijing areas.


I find myself wanting to see more than just parks in the countries I'm visiting so for the final phase I chose to not pursue coasters and instead travelled to Zhangjiajie in the middle of China to visit some UNESCO sites, or "areas of outstanding beauty" for those not familiar with the organisation.

This site is a write up of that trip, with a bunch of web-friendly images. Original images are available upon request.

Enjoy!

next

No comments:

Post a Comment